Roxanna Paints Beautiful Pictures With Her Vocals on Exotica

Roxanna is an artist I caught up with through the release of “Exotica” and I’m flabbergasted. How did I not hear about her before? She has released one of the infest records here, and her vocals are second to none. They are sultry, they fill the room with emotion, and they focus on so many layers that I had to stop writing for a moment to just get lost in the words. Love, passion, loss, dreams, art, and so much more cycle through with the songs that you hear on this recording. You will not find a dull moment here, or a wasted note. There’s just so much passion that comes through with the songs, and it’s really something operatic at times.

I loved the flow of the tracks, and the starting point “Only You” got me hooked. I love female vocalists, but there was something that Roxanna does on this record that really shines beyond my favorites. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but she figures out a way to connect with me on a visceral level. That connection is what makes music so worthwhile, so eclectic, so magnificent overall. It’s a beautiful thing and the tracks point to that every time.

Perhaps my favorite track is “El Amor”, which is a Spanish language track that had me really longing for a passion, kiss, something that is written in novels, shown in movies, and is not always real life. Sure there are moments, but not like the descriptions and ideas that are painted through the song.

What you get with the release of “Exotica” is 15 tracks of beautifully painted artistry. The record is by far one of the best I’ve heard in a while. It transitions from various types of music, and really punches in a wonderful, soulful balance. I’m recommending this to anyone that loves female vocalists, especially those that have a wide range of notes, and beautiful, poetic, songs.

You can pick up this record via amazon here, and I highly recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2KX Create A Lavish Musical Framework Beyond Comparison

In Isolation Paints An Incredible Post Punk Portrait with Tears

SweetEve Bring On A Rocking Sound Worth Your Time