Subterralien Crawls Out of The Weird To Sting You With An Incredible Blend of Noise on Modnar

My tooth aches, it’s killing me. The only solace I have these days is writing and listening to music. When the transmission of Subterralien’s latest record “Modnar” came on, all bets were off. No more pain in my tooth, and all my synapses were firing as this creative mix of sounds started to permeate through my speakers. People talk about how there’s no “new” or “cool” music coming out, and they obviously aren’t looking. This is by far the most unique and impressive release I’ve heard in a long time.

Subterralien fuses sounds from all over the musical landscape. I’m floored by the release of the incredible production and layered approach here. It’s digital, it’s static, it’s computer sounds, it’s a lot of different pieces all making it to your speaker and it’s creating a noise that is straight out of the 1980s fused computer generation. It’s funny, I always think I’ve figured an artist out, and then they slap me with something new. “Slapstick Maverick” is that “new”, the raw, the artistic, the incredible and it is by far my favorite track on the record. Sampling pop culture, implementing nerd sounds, digital music beats, and so much more, the record takes on a whole new world.

Imagine if your Nintendo system from the 1980s started to go rogue and self-aware, it may produce music like this as it is out of this world inspirational. I don’t know how to classify it really, it’s just awesome! On “Modnar” you get 9 tracks of what very well could be the weirdest thing I’ve heard in a long time. Weird in a good way, and incredible on all levels, mixing beats, music sounds, glitch, psychedelic echoes, and just music. I don’t know what’s going on here, but that’s good, it’s keeping my tooth ache at bay and making my cat Sid sleep. Subterralien wins on this release, all bow down to the incredible talent.

No, really. You’ll have a hard time saying this isn’t new, unique, artistic, inspired, or whatever adjective you want to throw. Stand out tracks include “Madspace”, “Lurger Time”, “Bendy Arcade”, “Offal Chef” and more. 9 tracks, amazing production, unique pop, digital music, dance, radio, mash of iconic proportions.

You can listen, support, and worship Subterralien via bandcamp here. What are you waiting for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2KX Create A Lavish Musical Framework Beyond Comparison

In Isolation Paints An Incredible Post Punk Portrait with Tears

SweetEve Bring On A Rocking Sound Worth Your Time