Anie Paints An Emotional Picture on Lovekill EP

It’s hard to find a good balancing act between indie, pop, and rock all rolled into something that is not labeled as “emo”. As soon as you throw out the 3 letter word people seem to have a disdain or a passionate love affair with the music. Anie does something that transcends the label and while “Lovekill” is emotional, it’s not “emo” in the negative sense, as it is much stronger and much more powerful than you first realize. From the opening track “Lovekill” to “Fear Losing” you are greeted with an eclectic blend of alternative rock enthusiasm with independent rock fusion that is definitely going to stun you.

Even the harshest critic will find amazing compositions in this EP, and I for one am glad to have discovered this record. I love the transition from track to track, as it’s like a jump through time into different elements. I love the way some songs play with words and others play with sounds and create a lavish layered sound. This is a great recording, and something that should earn Anie incredible publishing authority. I love the mix, and the lyrics as well. Everything comes together to paint an eclectic picture that is going to have you coming back again and again.

Anie’s EP reminds me a bit of the first time I heard The Velvet Teen. I can still see myself in airports waiting for flights at 4 in the morning, trying to get home, listening to the records of the Santa Rosa indie band. It’s with that idea that I can close my eyes and listen to “Lovekill” and think about those times, because it’s that powerful of a recording. It flows through fast, slow, and all sorts of moods that will definitely paint you a picture of a relationship that is alive, well, and not exactly linear.

Check out Anie’s latest release “Lovekill” via bandcamp here, and check out their official website here. If you get a chance to see them, go see them, I for one can’t wait to hear more from them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2KX Create A Lavish Musical Framework Beyond Comparison

In Isolation Paints An Incredible Post Punk Portrait with Tears

SweetEve Bring On A Rocking Sound Worth Your Time